Monday, July 8, 2013

Some tasty and healthy recipes for you

Hi family! In the last month, we have been making a lot of changes in the way we eat, and in the way I cook. We want to feel our best so that we can be better parents. We have seen a dramatic change in our energy levels and happiness levels since we started. We are trying to follow the Word of Wisdom more exactly. So we are filling our diets with lots of vegetables, fruits, whole grains, nuts, etc. I have only included meat in our meals once or twice. And the main thing we have changed is we've cut out sugar. Anyway, I just wanted to share all of this because I know all of you are already very good at being healthy, and I just wanted to say to others who are already doing it, doesn't it feel good? I also thought I'd share some of our favorite recipes from the last few weeks. We loved them and highly recommend them!

(We had this for dinner tonight, and it was awesome! The flavors were so good, I thought. Very fresh. I added a dollop of greek yogurt, and would do that again.)

(Macey was much more excited about eating them because they were called "cookies.")

(We didn't like the feta on them. We sprinkled a little cheddar cheese on them instead. Make sure you check for seasonings before you serve. The filling was pretty bland until I added the right amount of salt. This is a good time of year for this recipe (or will be soon). Most of the veggies in the filling could be picked from the garden or bought from a farmer's market!)

(I've made this twice now. Once with mixed berries, and the other time with peaches and blueberries. Both were divine!)

If you've tried any great healthy recipes lately, you should share them! Love, Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment